Guidance Notes for Amended Model Articles of Association (Company Limited By Shares)
These Guidance Notes for Amended Model Articles of Association (Company Limited by Shares) should be read in conjunction with the Amended Model Articles of Association (Company Limited by Shares), also in Company Formation Documents.
The document provides a brief explanation of the function of each model article. It also identifies the origin of each model article by listing its equivalent provision in Table A. Where the article is a new provision that has no equivalent in Table A, the reasons for the introduction of the provision are explained. Where amendments have been made to the model articles, the reasons for the change and implications of it are set out in full.
A brief summary of the principal amendments is as follows:
• Clarification of which rules on decision-making apply to sole directors
• Directors can count as part of the quorum and vote at a board meeting on any resolutions concerning a proposed or existing transaction or arrangement in which that director has a direct or indirect interest provided that the director discloses that interest
• Alternate directors can now be appointed
• There is now certainty as to how distribution payments are made
• The persons eligible to demand a poll at a general meeting have been restricted
• Decisions made by a show of hands can less easily be overturned by demands for a poll
• The company has an obligation to indemnify and insure all current and former officers of the company (but not auditors)
These guidance notes are in closed format.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.
This document can also be found in Memorandums and Articles of Association, in the Articles of Association Subfolder, entitled Guidance Notes for Amended Model Articles of Association (Private Company Limited by Shares).