Lease and Other Property Documents (Charities)
Changes to the way a charity can deal with property will change under the Charities Act 2022 which received Royal Assent on 24 February 2022. The Charities Act 2022 is not yet in force and a date for implementation is awaited. For a summary of the changes under this act, please see our information pages on the Charities Act 2022.
This subfolder of Lease and Other Property Documents (Charities) contains a selection of lease agreements. There are templates for use by a landlord making an office available for use by a charity, and for a charity to sublet a surplus part of its leased office premises to another person or organisation. Where necessary, each document includes wording required to comply with the Charities Acts.
There are also a number of guidance notes as follows:
- There is a guidance note outlining the types of arrangement - lease, licence or tenancy at will - that may or should be used for occupation of premises.
- There is a guidance note on excluding security of tenure and forms for use in that connection.
- There is also a guidance note about certain legal formalities which must be followed where property is acquired by or leased to a charity, or disposed of or leased by, a charity.
These documents have been professionally drafted for use by landlords granting leases in respect of office premises.
The documents are constructed in Word format and can be customised to meet your requirements. Please click on the links below to view details.
- Lease to Charity of Office in Shared Building
- Lease to Charity of Office over Shop
- Underlease of Part of Office Premises Granted By Charity
- Guidance Note: Lease, Licence or Tenancy at Will?
- Guidance Note: Charity Property Transactions
- Guidance Note: Excluding Security of Tenure
- Landlord’s Notice to Exclude Security of Tenure
- Tenant’s Simple Declaration Regarding Security of Tenure
- Tenant’s Statutory Declaration Regarding Security of Tenure
These Lease and Other Property Documents (Charities) are part of the Property Documents Folder. Just £35.00 + VAT will provide you with 1 year's unlimited access to download all/any documents from the Property Folder.