Guidance Note: Retainer Agreements
This Guidance Note: Retainer Agreements serves a twofold purpose. It
analyses and explains the nature and various aspects of contractual
retainer arrangements which can be put in place as a basis for supply of
services to commercial customers and clients. It also provides a context
for the various template retainer agreements in this subfolder.
The Guidance Note breaks the topic down under the following headings:
- What is a retainer arrangement?
- The types of services a supplier might offer on a retainer basis
- How to structure a retainer fee
- Extent to which a supplier will be able to provide services as and when
- Period of the retainer
- Other possible pricing variables in a retainer arrangement
- Other terms to be included in a retainer agreement
- Benefits of a retainer arrangement
- Drawbacks of a retainer arrangement
- Legal Advice
We recommend that you read this Guidance Note before you read or use any of
the templates in this subfolder.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on
the “Download Document” link below. You will be asked what you want to do
with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location
of your choice prior to viewing.