Articles of Association
All registered companies must have Articles of Association. The Articles of Association govern the internal functioning of every company and set out the procedures that must be followed in order to implement the decisions taken by the members and the board.
Whilst Articles of Association cannot contain rules that are against the law, members have complete freedom to choose which rules are included in the company’s articles. In practice most companies will choose the relevant form of model articles applicable to their company or a modified version of these.
The subfolder includes template articles aimed at the different types of companies, namely: Private Companies Limited by Shares, Private Companies Limited by Guarantee and Public Companies. All are compliant with the Model Articles and the Companies Act 2006.
This subfolder also contains Guidance Notes for the Articles of Association that have been amended or modified from the Companies Act Model Articles.
- Articles Of Association - Public Company Limited By Shares
- Model Articles Of Association - Private Company Limited By Shares
- Guidance Note: Modified Model Articles
- Modified Model Articles (Private Company Limited By Shares)
- Articles of Association - Private Co Ltd by Guarantee
- Charity Articles of Association - Private Company Limited By Guarantee
- Articles of Association - A & B Shares
- Certificate of Membership Company Limited by Guarantee
- Application to Become a Member of a Company Limited by Guarantee
- Acceptance of Application to become a Member of a Company Limited by Guarantee
- Share Certificate for a private company limited by shares