Website Terms for Sellers – Auction Website
These Website Terms for Sellers on Auction Websites are designed for
websites that offer online auction facilities to business and consumer
Please note that this template is designed to work within a set of three,
These terms ensure that you, as the website operator, only provide the
platform (as you would a venue offline) for auctions and that you are not a
party to any transactions. Further provisions explain to sellers that you
are not responsible for the items that they wish to sell.
Fees from sellers take the form of transaction fees (a percentage of the
winning bid in an auction) and, optionally, listing fees.
As to payment facilities, this document is drafted on the assumption that a
third party payment system will be used and thus explains to users that
their use of that system will be subject to a separate agreement between
them and the service provider.
Further key clauses set out rules governing item descriptions, the conduct
of auctions, delivery obligations, buyers’ rights (which vary according to
whether sellers are businesses or private individuals), and your liability.
Optional phrases / clauses are enclosed in square brackets. These should be
read carefully and selected so as to be compatible with one another. Unused
options should be removed from the document.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
2. Information About Us
3. Access to and Use of Our Site
4. Age Restrictions
6. What Can and Cannot be Sold in an Auction on Our Site
7. Descriptions Policy
8. Intellectual Property Rights
9. Seller Rules and Acceptable Usage Policy
10. [Listing Fees and] Transaction Fees
11. Payment Service
12. Payments from Winning Bidders
13. Payments to Us
16. Consumers’ Rights to Cancel and Return Items
17. Problems with Transactions and Bidders’ Rights
18. Further Transaction Cancellation Rights
19. Your Account Cancellation Rights
20. Our Liability to You
21. Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
22. Communication and Contact Details
23. How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
24. Other Important Terms
25. Law and Jurisdiction
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on
the “Download Document” link below. You will be asked what you want to do
with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location
of your choice prior to viewing.