Residential Possession Proceedings – Section 21 Accelerated Procedure
The template documents in this folder are designed to help residential landlords in England and their professional advisers to regain possession of premises that have been let on an assured shorthold tenancy (AST).
The subfolder contains guidance notes explaining the Accelerated (or “No Fault”) Procedure for Possession under Section 21 of the Housing Act 1988. The procedure requires the landlord to take various steps such as serving a Section 21 Notice, starting a court claim if the tenant does not vacate willingly and possibly taking enforcement action if the tenant remains in occupation after the court has made an order for possession.
If the landlord is not able to use the accelerated procedure to obtain possession, the landlord may be able to serve a Section 8 Notice and use the standard procedure for possession. Please refer to our Standard Possession Proceedings documents for further information.
These templates are suitable for use in England only. New rules for terminating occupation contracts in Wales under the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 are now in place. Please see the Renting Homes Wales folder for further information.
The documents needed at each stage of the process are included in this subfolder. The Notices, Court Forms and covering letters are professionally drafted and are accompanied by explanatory notes.
- Guidance on Section 21 Notices under Housing Act 1988
- Guidance Notes: Obtaining Possession of Residential Property
- Section 21 Notice to Terminate an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (Form 6A) (England)
- Covering Letter for Section 21 Notice (England)
- Form N215 Certificate of Service of Section 21 Notice
- N5B Claim Form for Possession of Property in England (Accelerated Procedure)
- Letter to County Court enclosing Form N5B Claim Form (England)
- Form N11B Defence Form (Accelerated Possession Procedure England) (AST)
- Letter to County Court Requesting an Order for Possession
- Letter to Tenant regarding Possession Order
- Form N325 Request for Warrant of Possession of Land
- Letter to Court Enclosing Form N325
These Residential Possession Proceedings – S 21 Accelerated Procedure documents are part of the Property Documents Folder. Just £35.00 + VAT will provide you with 1 year's unlimited access to download all/any documents from the Property Folder.