Assessing Employees' Capabilities and Training
The employer must, in entrusting tasks to his employees, take into account their capabilities as regards health and safety.
The employer should ensure that the demands of the job do not exceed the employees' ability to carry out the work without risk to themselves or others. Where an improvement is needed in capability, training, knowledge or experience the employer should provide the training, information or supervision before allocating the work.
The employer must ensure that his employees are provided with adequate health and safety training on their recruitment.
The employer must also ensure that his employees are provided with adequate health and safety training on their being exposed to new or increased risks because of:
- their being transferred or given a change of responsibilities;
- the introduction of new work equipment;
- any change as regards existing work equipment;
- the introduction of new technology;
- the introduction of new systems of work; any change as regards an existing system of work.
The employer must ensure that the training provided for employees: