Starting a County Court Claim - Form N1

County Court Claim Form - Form N1


This County Court Claim Form N1 should be sent to your local County Court where the claim will begin.  

If your claim is for a fixed amount of money and the defendant is an individual who resides/carries on their business in another court’s area, then a transfer will take place.

Before filling in Form N1, you should refer to Notes for Claimant N1A. Having filled out Form N1, you should print out three copies - one copy retained by yourself, one to go to the Court with this letter and copies for each defendant (including guidance notes for the defendant).

You can also visit to make a claim online.

This document is in PDF format.

Simply press TAB to jump from one field to the next and SHIFT + TAB to go back. Alternatively, use the mouse to click from one field to the next.