Guidance Note – Register of Members
The register of members is the definitive record of share ownership in a private limited company. This guidance note is solely focused on this statutory register and aims to provide customers with a more in depth understanding of the requirements of this register for a private limited company.
This guidance note covers the following:
- responsibility for maintaining the register;
- how to keep the register;
- where to keep the register;
- the contents of the register;
- indexing the register;
- single member companies;
- who should be listed as a member;
- data protection;
- updating the register;
- removing entries;
- access to the register; and
- rectifying the register.
Once you have purchased access to the Corporate Document Folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.