Letter to County Court enclosing Claim Form N1

Letter to County Court Enclosing Claim Form N1

The Letter to County Court enclosing Claim Form N1 should be sent, with the County Court Claim Form N1, to your local County Court where the claim will start. The claim may be transferred to another Court if it is disputed (defended).

Transfer will take place if your claim is for a fixed amount of money and the defendant is an individual who resides or carries on a business in another court's area.

Having filled out Form N1 print out 3 copies - one copy retained by yourself, one to go to the Court with this letter and copies for each defendant (including notes for guidance for the defendant).

For a simple way to make a County Court claim visit www.moneyclaim.gov.uk.

To prepare yourself for an on-line claim it may assist you to refer to the forms elsewhere in this folder. 

This document is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.