This Commercial Landlord Health and Safety Policy has been written to help make sure that landlords of commercial rented properties fulfil their health and safety responsibilities to their tenants and everyone else who uses their building.
Being a landlord means you have a ‘duty of care’ to those who rent from you. This policy sets out the key compliance obligations of a commercial landlord.
The main areas where you will need to ensure compliance are:
• General safety of the premises - how you will maintain it.
• The safety of any gas boilers that feed the common areas or multiple offices/areas.
• The electrical safety of the main circuitry i.e. the sockets and lighting.
• Fire safety – primarily in the common areas, but also making sure that all areas have adequate fire detection in place.
• Asbestos – making sure you have an Asbestos Register.
• Water safety – making sure you do not permit environments that could cause legionella or other water-borne bacteria to form.
This policy also appears in the Property folder under Managing Commercial Lettings.
This Commercial Landlord Health & Safety Policy is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” link below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.