The Record of Work Equipment Maintenance form should be used to initiate a maintenance record of work equipment as part of the arrangements for making the employer's health and safety policy effective as regards machinery risks.
There is no requirement under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1992 for employers to have a log. However, the requirement to keep the log up to date will apply in circumstances such as where:
- maintenance records are required for particular types of machinery under other legislation, for example lifting machinery, machinery used to control exposure to hazardous substances etc.;
- a supplier of machiney provides a log to help the employer record his adherence to the manufacturer's maintenance instructions;
- a maintenance record has been introduced as part of the arrangments for making the employer's health and safety policy effective as regards machinery risks.
Maintenance Arrangements should include:
- routine maintenance, such as periodic checks, inspections, testing and equipment care (for example, servicing, lubrication, replacement of worn parts, cleaning, etc);
- planned preventive maintenance, such as periodic replacement of parts before they reach the end of their useful life.
This Work Equipment Maintenance Record form template is in fixed field format and contains macros. All macros are virus free. Always click "enable" if an automatic pop-up appears.
Simply press TAB to jump from one field to the next and SHIFT + TAB to go back. Alternatively, use the mouse to click from one field to the next.
The Record of Work Equipment Maintenance form template can be unlocked by clicking on the "Padlock" icon on the tool bar. For further information on Macros and "Padlock" please refer to the Help section.